Bob Sweetapple is the Managing Member of the Boca Raton office of Sweetapple, Broeker & Varkas, P.L., and is an accomplished dual Florida Bar Board Certified trial lawyer in civil trial and business litigation. He has over 33 years of broad and extensive trial experience. Bob has tried well over 100 cases, including jury trials in the Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Okeechobee circuits. His jury trial experience includes three decades of trials involving the successful prosecution and defense of wrongful death, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair and deceptive trade practices, libel and slander, piercing the corporate veil and other complex claims.
Bob has argued appeals in numerous Florida Appellate Courts, including the Third District Court of Appeal, Fourth District Court of Appeal, and Florida Supreme Court. He often litigates in state and federal courts outside of Florida, including Kansas, North Carolina, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana. In addition, he has appeared as legal counsel before the Florida Judicial Qualifications Commission and handled dozens of administrative hearings and arbitrations. Bob is a strong proponent of alternate dispute resolution and has appeared in well over 100 mediations. He serves as a mediator on complex commercial matters.
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Eminent Domain
- Lender Liability
- Commercial Torts, including Fraud, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, Libel and Slander, Unfair Competition
Bar and Court Admissions:
- 1980, Florida
- All Florida State Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 1979
- Colgate University, B.A., 1976